Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wigan MATCH REPORT. Bit late, but yeah...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
For unforeseen reason, I was *ahem* not quite able to sit and type out anything coherent yesterday.

Back at my desk today, wishing I was just sat at home drinking tea, and watching videos of players crowd-surfing down train carriages. In no mood to focus on work matters, so got round to this. Read it, should you desire to relive Monday's events :thumbsup:

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?663-Albion-2-1-Wigan-Athletic-17-04-2017

'Home to Wigan Athletic’ - doesn’t sound much of an event, written down. Recent ‘Home to Wigan Athletic’s can’t have been especially memorable – the last that springs to mind found us 2-0 down after four minutes at Withdean.

Not so this one. Nobody will forget this one for a long, long time.

Oh my. What a day.

What. A. Day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For unforeseen reason, I was *ahem* not quite able to sit and type out anything coherent yesterday.

Back at my desk today, wishing I was just sat at home drinking tea, and watching videos of players crowd-surfing down train carriages. In no mood to focus on work matters, so got round to this. Read it, should you desire to relive Monday's events :thumbsup:

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?663-Albion-2-1-Wigan-Athletic-17-04-2017

Wonderful stuff. I've enjoyed your reports all season and they are on the money every time. Obviously the Skalak tweet is my favourite bit - I opened that tweet on the tube home yesterday and was "that guy" who laughs out loud on his own in public - but the next most prescient phrase is

"There is a reason they are where they are in the table, though. They are shit."

I tried to write something in my only spare 45 minutes yesterday and couldn't recall a thing about the match. That you've done so in such detail is brilliant. Looking forward to the Premier League reports.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I know it's a weird one to pick as a favourite, particularly when I can see myself in one of the other vids, but that one of the fella who was on the train as it arrived and had no idea what was going on is absolutely magnificent. I don't know why he felt he had to join in, but his face is a joy. I can only think of Danny Baker's superb quote about 'Imagine not being into football. Those poor, half-alive b*st*rds.'

Quality work as always, Exile.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fantastic as always. I'd forgotten about the AK vs Burn square-up, not to mention David Gonzalez!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I know it's a weird one to pick as a favourite, particularly when I can see myself in one of the other vids, but that one of the fella who was on the train as it arrived and had no idea what was going on is absolutely magnificent. I don't know why he felt he had to join in, but his face is a joy. I can only think of Danny Baker's superb quote about 'Imagine not being into football. Those poor, half-alive b*st*rds.'

That guy on the train is wonderful

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Love it. Your reports are always a must read for me and this one doesn't disappoint.. just managed to calm down a bit today and think about day to day life again but this has brought it all flooding back! Thanks for all your efforts..... cheers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thank you for doing all these reports, they really add to everything that has happened this season.

Just one minor criticism, Caldi walked back from Cyprus,via the Straits of Gibraltar, and across the Bay of Biscay.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

That guy on the train is wonderful

He's brilliant. In all of the hundreds of social media highlights of Monday, I think that is my absolute favourite.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He's brilliant. In all of the hundreds of social media highlights of Monday, I think that is my absolute favourite.

He's posted the video to Youtube and says that he's learned that we support "Brighton And Hove Albumen". Classy!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm amazed that you managed to do this report at all, let alone to the exemplary high standards you always maintain!! Many, many thanks.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Last but one :thumbsup:

Oh yeah. I forgot! Ta.
You've saved the best 'til second to last. What a cracking report. Perhaps ARTWORK in the last one? :wink:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent . Jiri in his garden pic .... priceless

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here