Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday night Frau's away Home Alone Drinking Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A big bag of Kettle's Salt and Vinegar, Nick Cave and a Magic Rock Cannonball IPA on the go. A solid version of a classic beer from one of Britain's best breweries.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
what, you didn't run upstairs as soon as she left and started bashing the bishop???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
From the bars I will be in this evening, it will be

Attachments

• 0TWXudal_400x400.jpeg
    0TWXudal_400x400.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 378

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm off to Italy on Sunday so will be starting on the Moretti today to get ready.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A Scheurebe (a cracking grape variety, popular in and from the current land of HT, which tastes of citrus fruits like grapefruit and tangerine) with Asian tuna-balls, followed by a 2004 Ladoix with some cheese.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Serious question: does Italy actually do one single half-decent beer? Moretti? Anonymous euro-shite! Peroni? Even more so!

Yes. Lots. I'm not sure where to begin other than to say the Italian craft scene is exploding at the moment.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Serious question: does Italy actually do even one single half-decent beer? Moretti? Anonymous euro-shite! Peroni? Enormously more so!

I guess that depends on personal preference. I rather like Moretti, normal Peroni isn't great but the red label stuff is very nice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah, cheers. Suspect Google may be my friend here. Local and regional pubs? Not so much.

A similar scene to what you'd find in other countries about 5 years ago. There's a dedicated Italian craft bar in Berlin https://m.facebook.com/birra2016/ spreading the message and this book is a good read

Attachments

• IMG_6086.JPG
    IMG_6086.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 223

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When in Prague, we always knew that as StaroPramoTompkinson.

Weirdest thing in Prague is that their very best beer - Gambrinus - has practically zero availability in bars, only in cans in supermarkets.

As I'm sure [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] will confirm. SAKE!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cloudy lemonade and maybe a mug of tea.

48 days dry and counting...

Blimey and O'Riley, don't think I could even do 48 hours dry, although I did used to do two weeks working offshore back in the day.

Anyway an ordinary Italian Pinot Grigio with my Fish Pie continues to ease down well, but don't think I will be doing much else tonight after it is gone.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Weirdest thing in Prague is that their very best beer - Gambrinus - has practically zero availability in bars, only in cans in supermarkets.

As I'm sure [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] will confirm. SAKE!

They do have a low key sign, and some places do sell it as well as other brands.
The place where I get my grass up near the TV Tower has Pilsner sign outside, but serve Gambrinus as well, but it seems that Staro are slowly taking over. Mainly as its the cheapest to buy for the bar.
Next time, I will take better care of you !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here