PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Vicarage Road
Date: Saturday 26th August 2017
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Graham Scott
Assistants: Richard West, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Robert Madley

TEAM NEWS

Watford's latest signing Andre Carrillo could make his debut after the Benfica winger joined on a season-long loan.

Left-back Jose Holebas is suspended following his midweek red card, so 19-year-old Brandon Mason may deputise.

Younes Kaboul, Daryl Janmaat and Roberto Pereyra are out with muscular injuries, while Mauro Zarate continues his rehabilitation from a knee problem.

Brighton's record signing, winger Jose Izquierdo, has been given international clearance and is available.

Izzy Brown is still out with a hamstring injury while Beram Kayal and Sam Baldock remain long-term absentees.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: "As this is only the second season ever in which these two have been in the top division together, let's do things a little bit differently.

"Instead of looking forward, take a rewind with me to November 1982.

"Graham Taylor's Watford, on their way to being Division One runners-up to Liverpool, face a Brighton side managed by Mike Bailey - soon to be sacked, with the colourful Jimmy Melia then taking the Seagulls to the FA Cup final and relegation.

"Your commentator (it makes a nice change doing this side!) is John Motson..."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Watford head coach Marco Silva on Nathaniel Chalobah's England call-up: "We have to be calm with him and we can't put all of this pressure on the boy and of course with games he will improve faster, I'm sure of that.

"But first he needs to win his place in the 11 and to show every day here, like the others, he will improve.

"I don't want to talk about where he needs to improve but the most important thing is that he is really open to work - and when this happens, with the quality he has, things go in the right way."

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "Arguably, there are things we would have got away with last season that will be tougher now. At this level, the quality of finishing and difference in creative ability is what wins you games.

"We can finish this season happy with what we've done defensively, but it's what we're able to do offensively that will get us to where we want to be this season.

"We have to do more offensively to win games. We're playing in the very best league now and we have another 36 games to get the points we want."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Watford have lost just one of their last 10 meetings with Brighton (W5, D4).
    [*=left]The last top-flight meeting between the sides finished 1-1 on New Year's Day in 1983.
    [*=left]Watford sealed promotion to the Premier League by beating Brighton 2-0 on the south coast in April 2015.

Watford

• [*=left]Watford's victory at Bournemouth last weekend ended a run of seven Premier League games without a win (D6, L1).
    [*=left]It was also head coach Marco Silva's first Premier League away win in his 10th attempt (D2, L7).
    [*=left]Richarlison's goal last weekend made him the first Brazilian to score for Watford in the Premier League.
    [*=left]If he starts and scores against Brighton he will become the fourth Brazilian to score in his first two Premier League starts, after Gabriel Jesus, Robinho and Geovanni.
    [*=left]Andre Gray has scored in his four previous league appearances against the Seagulls.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton could lose their opening three matches of a top-flight season for the first time since 1979-80.
    [*=left]The last time they failed to score in their opening three league fixtures was in 1928-29.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won just one of their last 30 top-flight away matches (D7, L22), a 2-1 victory at Swansea City in March 1983.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton has lost his last seven Premier League away matches.
    [*=left]Lewis Dunk is the last Brighton player to score against Watford, in a 1-1 draw at Vicarage Road in October 2014.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Come on Brighton, let's get some points on the board.

:albion:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2-0 Watford :down:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Time for just a little bit of luck to go with our hard work, I think. Today would be good.......................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris Hughton has lost his last seven Premier League away matches.
Lewis Dunk is the last Brighton player to score against Watford, in a 1-1 draw at Vicarage Road in October 2014.

That is 2 worrying stats, no that is wrong not a worry more of a concern

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Avoid the M1 if you're coming from the North. Closed southbound, awful accident at Jct 13/14. Won't be opening anytime soon, 2 lorries involved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chris has nailed it - we need to be more offensive.

Right then you ******* lot! Let's beat this bunch of ******* *******!!!

That should do it :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Those stats are worrying, but I reckon it will be a hard fought 1-1 with Watford scoring in first half and Brighton getting a late equaliser.

I hope that you are correct but who do you think we will (a) get the ball forward (b) put the ball in the net. I think that we have a few that could do (b) but am worried about (a)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
With Gary Goals starting up front I have full confidence we'll be banging them in today.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Chris has nailed it - we need to be more offensive.

Right then you ******* lot! Let's beat this bunch of ******* *******!!!

That should do it :)

Pubs mainly although might take a can of Strongbow to the park for old times sake.

Smart**** ! Any pubs in particular? The wetherspoons? Odd fellows?

Apologies didn't mean to quote two of you

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Smart**** ! Any pubs in particular? The wetherspoons? Odd fellows?

Apologies didn't mean to quote two of you

He he, I'm so funny. Here's couple decent ones and all ok with away fans I believe from Hornet mates: The Moon under Water, One Crown. We - the South Bucks and Ox Light Seagulls - are starting in Bushey though as part of a clever pincer movement from a southerly direction whilst you, the main horde from Sussex, come in on trains and planes to central Watford. Like that scene in Zulu with the horns of the buffalo envelopment explained, by time Watford have realised...Kaput. Finished. We'll have Vicarage Rd surrounded on all sides and they'll be forced to sell us beer AND pork scratchings. These are dangerous times we live in. Let's be careful out there today people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here