[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer’s route to Number 10

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Why bounce it? You'll think you're right whatever situation we are in.

I'm not bothered about people who aren't bothered about politics. But when I see people taking the trouble to post on a football message board to signal how little they are bothered, and suggest 'they are all the same', my immediate thought is this:

Hello, tory!

View attachment 182582
Certainly not a Tory. Never voted a mainstream party in my political life.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You can argue it was clumsy but thats not what she said. It was a comment about day to day life experienced in Britain

Best explained by this letter in the Guardian

Speaking as a Jewish person (born and lifelong) and after 40 years married to an Irishman, I have to say that Diane Abbott is absolutely right. Of course Irish and Jewish people don’t suffer the racial abuse that Black people do – day in, day out. We are not immediately picked out as different and the police do not stop us if we drive nice cars. (Benjamin Zephaniah sold his BMW because he got stopped by the police so many times in it.) We do not worry, as Black families do, whether our children will be either racially attacked or falsely arrested by the police on their way home from school or a night out.

She speaks from bitter experience and she is entitled to her opinion. Her letter was answering an article the previous week, which was clearly there to engender a debate. Are we no longer allowed to debate issues in this country?

If Abbott – an MP who has worked hard for her constituents, which is what an MP is supposed to do – is not allowed to stand for Labour at the next election, I, as a lifelong Labour voter, will not vote Labour.

Angela Singer
Cambridge
That absolutely is what she said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports