Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Line up to start 24/25

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can’t keep up anymore!

lol….

If u listen about 2 mins 15 secs …presumably the guy listened/went to the same presser 🤔

Ps he’s got Ferguson completely wrong

UPDATE ……it appears that what you think RDZ said he didnt…..so you need to take notice of Ryans’s tweet ..not mine or Robertos ramblings.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

The team line-up for our first Premier League match in August will surely indicate a return to RDZ’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation if he has been backed in the window.

Whilst sorting our injury issues out will be a big focus (why so many?), there are areas on the pitch that just need strengthening.

1. Our best CM partnership (Groß & Gilmour) is not top 6 quality. We need at least on very good acquisition to join them.
2. We need a top level RB. Veltman is solid but unspectacular in an attacking sense and Lamptey is mostly injured.
3. If Barco is not up to challenging an in-form and fit Estupinan for the LB position yet, we need another with Perv out until the Autumn leaves start dropping.
4. We need another left footed right winger as quality back-up to Solly March.
5. We need a new CB with elite pace to stifle some of the breaks that can really hurt us.

Ideally, we’ll start the season with something like this…

———————Verbruggen———————
New RB—-JPVH———-Dunk—-—New LB
————Gilmour———New CM————-
March—————-Groß————-—Mitoma
————————Pedro————————-
I really hope this is the club’s plan in the summer. If we can make 5 good quality signings in the positions you’ve mentioned, we could have a good crack at Europe again.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I really hope this is the club’s plan in the summer. If we can make 5 good quality signings in the positions you’ve mentioned, we could have a good crack at Europe again.
The club´s announcement about De Zerbi´s departure has made all of this irrelevant!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Adingra should not be in a starting XI if we have any intention of pushing for Europe again.

Probably unpopular on here but I am not convinced by him. Needs a year as an impact player from the bench.
I think he’s shown himself to be what he is - a talented young guy who should’ve been eased into the side who’s been overplayed because of injuries. He’s certainly not the issue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wrong formation if the two CM’ers include a sloth. Genuine question …. is Barco a defender, or attacker?

Bart
New RB JPVH Dunk Estupinan
Solly New CM New CM Mitoma (or Barco)
Enciso (or Gross)
Pedro
How many new players are you expecting the club to sing? especially Premier League ready ones.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How many new players are you expecting the club to sing? especially Premier League ready ones.

Expecting nil.

An aspirational 3. Two CM’s with pace who can tackle, defensively aware for 90’, plus a RB.

[PL ready …. I never fall into the zzz trap set by happy-clappers “What, you want Tone to spend 3 x £75m to satisfy your entitlement :wanker: . They might be incredible championship players. Pedro, Wharton, Endo, Veltman show what can be done].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here